starting strength gym

Thread: 6 days a week?

Question 6 days a week?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hey,

how would a reasonable 6 day per week program look like?

My Mo/We/Fr workouts get very long because of heavier workload and thus more rest between the sets. And the main problem is that over the next months I will have very limited time so I want to change to 6 days a week and train much shorter and also a little lighter. My goal for the next months is to steadily get better/increase the weights on a weekly basis (maybe around 3-5 pounds per week depending on the lift).

Iīm well aware that overall Iīm spending more time in the gym per week and I donīt have the same rest periods but if I donīt do it that way I think I wonīt do it at all. Which would be terrible. Lifting lighter and shorter but regularly and therefore "only" adding weight weekly over several months seems preferable to not lifting at all or only 1 or 2 times a week or so.

I need help with programming this. My fist idea was something like this:

A
    Squat 3x5 with 80-90 % of what I lift now and then increase weekly
    Bench 3x5 with 80-90...
    Dips 3x with 80-90...

B
    Deadlift 2x5 with 80-90... (2x5 because 1x5 with 80-90 % seems not enough and 3x5 seems too much)
    Press 3x5 with 80-90...
    Chins 3x with 80-90...
    Curls 2-3x with 80-90...

Does that make sense? What would make more sense?

Thanks! Sawyer

This somewhat depends on your personal info, training history and current level of adaptation, none of which you provided. So the short answer is I have no idea.

But reading between the lines, it sounds like you're still in your LP, is that right? Giving me the info linked above would be a good start.

I suspect what I'll tell you is that you should just do a maintenance program three days per week instead of a more complicated 6 day program. How short do you need your workouts to be and how long have they been taking you? Give me specific answers, not generalities.