starting strength gym

Thread: Stress Fracture In Foot

Default Stress Fracture In Foot

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Dearest Rip - I've been fighting with foot pain for the past 3 years with every diagnosis from plantar fasciitis to peroneal tendonitis. I've had numerous cortisol injections and lots of anti-inflammatory meds, both OTC and Rx. After a visit to Andrews Sports Medicine last week, I was finally ordered to have an MRI in which a stress fracture was found in my 4th metatarsal. They want to place me in a boot for 4 weeks and want me to avoid bearing any weight on it whilst in the boot. Question is - I know walking/running is the type of repetitive activity that caused this and aggravates it, but should I continue to squat/DL any over this period? Or should I just suck it up for 4 weeks and veg out on the couch while this heals? Might even try VEGanism over this period, as the lack of animal protein appears to have such amazing healing properties. Thanks for the help.

What is your training history under the bar?

I'll be 41 tomorrow and have been training "somewhat regularly" for the past 26 years.

Wait a couple of weeks and start back squatting, pressing, and deadlifting, obviously out of the boot.