starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next DVD?

Default Next DVD?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hey Rip - Just wondering if you are considering releasing a second DVD demonstrating the useful assistance exercises described in SS. I would guess just as many people that purchased your first DVD would purchase the next.

Do you cover the assistance exercises at your barbell certification?
    Thanks

And if as many pirate the thing as they did the first one, you'll probably have the thing before we get it produced. No such project is planned. And we barely have time to treat the 5 basic exercises at the barbell cert in 19 hours, just getting the surface scratched.

Rip, if it's any consolation, I downloaded my pirated version of the DVD only after I had already ordered it and was waiting for it to ship. Same with SS:BBT2.

You could at least have a DVD for barbell rows.

You're a Great American, Breezer.

A few months ago- out of boredom -I went to the Gym on an off day.
    I decided to play around with some of the useful assistance exercises and I started getting into Power Shrugs for the first time. I believe I worked up to 465*5. The next day was PC day and my 1RM was previously 205. I did 205 5*3 and then did a 1RM of 225. A PR by 20lbs.
    The weight felt light and I'm guessing it was because of the heavy shrugs. Problem is that I didnt even know if I was doing the shrugs correctly.
    Hence the reason I was asking if you were going to release another DVD.
    Maybe a trip to Wichita is in order?

I'd rather have you here than make another DVD. I'd pay you to come before I'd do another DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I'd rather have you here than make another DVD. I'd pay you to come before I'd do another DVD.
    Can I hit you up on that? I'll drive the 24hrs from NY if I can get a free hour at WFAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Coach, it's too bad you feel that way, but I certainly understand. I'm an attorney who spends a lot of time protecting intellectual property rights, and it saddens me to see how many clients and contacts (particularly artists) feel as you do about sharing their art or knowledge now that the digital formats make theft - and that's what it is, theft - easy. It saddens me, but I wouldn't work for free, either.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by elVarouza View Post
    Can I hit you up on that? I'll drive the 24hrs from NY if I can get a free hour at WFAC.
    The hour here is not worth that much. And we'll be in NYC tomorrow anyway. Don't tell me you're not coming to the seminar...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast