starting strength gym

Thread: Any lifters near Downtown Seattle WA? Business trip at end of Oct

Default Any lifters near Downtown Seattle WA? Business trip at end of Oct

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hi,

Me and my buddy are making a business trip to Downtown Seattle at the end of October for three days. We have to find a gym to lift Wednesday Night and Friday late morning. I was wondering if there are any lifters living close? We're not advanced lifters so it would be nice to get someone else's opinion on our lifts and just chill talking about training.

Only gym I found so far is a Gold's Gym. I asked the chick if they have a squat rack and she said she doesn't know "Please hold for the GM". hahaha. They have one luckily.

We won't have a car so somewhere close to Union and 2nd would be nice to be walking distance.

Cheers

Haven't been there, but Seattle Strength and Power is right there.

I trained there for a month, it's an awesome gym. There's guys lifting 600-800lbs there. It's not cheap, though. There's also a YMCA downtown that might have sufficient equipment.

These I lift at the Anytime Fitness on Capitol Hill, which is about 20 minutes from downtown by bus. There's two squat racks. I'll probably be there Wednesday night, getting there some time between 6 and 7. Say hi if you go there; I'll be the only guy with lifting shoes and a powerlifting belt.

Thanks guys,

Brenden...is the Seattle Power one very expensive just to lift two days?

I don't think we will be able to visit man. That sucks though I would like to meet up with a fellow lifter to give us opinions on our form and shit.

When I went, he was charging $50 a lesson. Someone else said he'd switched to a $500/month flat rate. Wouldn't hurt to give him a call and sound him out.

Jesus. I might not go there man. All that just to lift for 45mins is not worth my money I would rather go to a 24hr place or something. I found a golds gym and sounds like they have two racks. Hopefully they are unused and not full of curlers.

my shit is located like 30 minutes outside of seatown. Will probably be in the heart of the city by next year

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Narvaez View Post
    my shit is located like 30 minutes outside of seatown. Will probably be in the heart of the city by next year
    I just read your post to noobs man. Its great. I'm 26yo and I've been lifting since mid June. When we come up to Seattle I would like to workout in your gym man and have you coach me a bit.