starting strength gym

Thread: Raleigh-Durham, and other North Carolina SS members

Default Raleigh-Durham, and other North Carolina SS members

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Well, our fancy and informative thread about Hiring a Strength Trainer in Raleigh, NC got eaten in the recent website implosion, so I am starting a new thread here.

First of all, after seeing the facilities at the Athletic Lab in Cary for the first time this weekend, I would highly recommend getting in touch with Mike Young there if you are in need of somewhere to train. This wasn't my first time meeting Mike, but it was my first time seeing his place, and he definitely has his head in the right place in terms of training. He is also a pretty good weightlifter and won Best Male Lifter at the meet on Saturday.

Second of all, for those of you who have been looking for a Starting Strength event in North Carolina, Steve will be heading to Asheville on March 18 for a Pulling Camp: Deadlift and Power Clean. It's now listed on the home page, and registration is open. This will definitely sell out, so get on it if you want to visit Asheville and be more awesome.

Finally, Gillian and I got to chat a lot at the recent SS Seminar in Atlanta, and we are putting our heads together this week about possibly doing some lifting seminars in the Triangle area. If you have a topic you'd like to see covered, just let me know. I'm not sure exactly when this will happen, but we're going to eat some M&Ms and brainstorm.
    Last edited by Tamara Reynolds; 02-01-2012 at 10:19 AM.

I've been looking forward to an excuse to visit my old Asheville haunts (also lived in Cary and Raleigh for a time). Might try to get in on this one if the schedule allows.

Is Cary still, you know, C-A-R-Y (Central Area of Relocated Yankees)?

Quote Originally Posted by sergeant_81 View Post
    Is Cary still, you know, C-A-R-Y (Central Area of Relocated Yankees)?
    Lot of white people driving Honda Odysseys, living in houses that look exactly the same as their neighbors' house, having some sort of computer or pharmaceutical job in RTP, and shopping at Trader Joes?

Yes.

Heh. Well, at least they're squeezed into their own private, fenced-off space down there. The fucking bastards are all over the place up here.

Quote Originally Posted by sergeant_81 View Post
    Heh. Well, at least they're squeezed into their own private, fenced-off space down there. The fucking bastards are all over the place up here.
    It's worse over in Vt., their poop doesn't even stink over there, lol.

starting strength coach development program
    Raleigh guy chiming in...

I would love to see a lifting seminar in the Raleigh area. I would definitely attend and personally know about 2-3 non-forum goers who would also be interested.

Anyone doing USAPL Battle on the Border March 24th near Charlotte?
    Last edited by Cmanuel; 02-02-2012 at 11:11 PM. Reason: forgot to put where i'm from