starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Madison, WI area small but well equipped gym looking for (paying) members

Default Madison, WI area small but well equipped gym looking for (paying) members

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Greetings and salutations!

For anyone in the Madison, WI area, a friend and I have rented out a 1000 sq ft warehouse and are building a gym for a crowd of 10-20 members. We both have regular jobs so we would just like to recoup the cost of the gym and equipment.

It will have 3 racks, 2 oly platforms, a tire, a log, a prowler, and of course weights and bars. Not all is ready yet but will be within the coming weeks because things are on order / in the mail etc. We're considering getting atlas stones and platforms if the membership wants it.

We're planning on being open in the evenings between 5-9. Hours etc will be subject to change based on membership. We're planning on $5 a day or $50 a month.

http://www.facebook.com/DinosaurSwole

PM etc. with any questions or interest.

Godspeed!

Also, I would post on Craigslist with a (fake) ad stating that you are rehabbing your gym and are selling equipment. Then when people looking to equip a home gym call you about that power rack, tell them you sold it and use it as a marketing opportunity to speak directly to the very same people who are looking to perform basic lifts using a power rack! Free and easy mouth to mout marketing.

Try the same with a "wanted - power rack" ad.

Nice name. You should work on some T-shirt designs. Then find swole people to wear them about.

Dinosaur Swole is sort of a jumbledmouthful.

Now "DinoSwole" really rolls off the tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    Godspeed!

Also, I would post on Craigslist with a (fake) ad stating that you are rehabbing your gym and are selling equipment. Then when people looking to equip a home gym call you about that power rack, tell them you sold it and use it as a marketing opportunity to speak directly to the very same people who are looking to perform basic lifts using a power rack! Free and easy mouth to mout marketing.

Try the same with a "wanted - power rack" ad.
    Are you serious here or kidding? For a long time i've (somewhat jokingly) maintained that marketing people are evil. This kind of marketing plan is basically how i came to that position.

to review: Lying to people is bad. Misleading people just to get attention is also bad. Generally anything done under false pretenses is bad.

OP, good luck with the venture.
    Last edited by veryhrm; 02-08-2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: heh. false premises

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    Dinosaur Swole is sort of a jumbledmouthful.

Now "DinoSwole" really rolls off the tongue.
    ^^^ This.

I generally refer to it as simply DS.

Quote Originally Posted by veryhrm View Post
    Are you serious here or kidding? For a long time i've (somewhat jokingly) maintained that marketing people are evil. This kind of marketing plan is basically how i came to that position.

to review: Lying to people is bad. Misleading people just to get attention is also bad. Generally anything done under false pretenses is bad.
    My thoughts too.

Good luck in your endeavor, Guts. America needs more black iron.

starting strength coach development program
    Will you have insurance? Will you have customers sign waivers? Are you and your friend trainers? Certified?

Many more questions. This will do for now.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast