starting strength gym

Thread: PR.. and then injury

Default PR.. and then injury

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    So yesterday, at 195 lbs, I squatted 405 x 1... I know that its not an abnormal feat of strength, but I was more than thrilled.

After squatting, I did an uneventful bench (260 x 5) and then...

I was warming up my deadlift and with just 225, my first rep, about halfway up, I felt a "pop" and immediate pain in my upper-left abdomen. I can still move, but essentially feel some pain at all times... It feels like its where the muscle attaches to the 10th rib... Anyone experience something similar? What sucks is that March 31 is my first meet...
    Last edited by JT in MD; 02-25-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JT in MD View Post
    So yesterday, at 195 lbs, I squatted 405 x 1... I know that its not an abnormal feat of strength, but I was more than thrilled.

After squatting, I did an uneventful bench (260 x 5) and then...

I was warming up my deadlift and with just 225, my first rep, about halfway up, I felt a "pop" and immediate pain in my upper-left abdomen. I can still move, but essentially feel some pain at all times... It feels like its where the muscle attaches to the lowest rib... Anyone experience something similar? What sucks is that March 31 is my first meet...
    Just watch out for a hernia... sucks, bro. Unless it's something serious, you should be able to lift reasonably well at the meet, march 31 is still a month and some days away.

I haven't had that happen, but...

I set a PR training total on Friday and then on my third attempt at a new clean and jerk PR, I fucked up my hand...

and my next meet WAS going to be on March 30.

So, I feel your pain.