starting strength gym

Thread: Hello everyone and a ?

Default Hello everyone and a ?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi, this is my first post here. Mark, I recently purchased and read Practical Programming for Strength Training and it's a geat book, I'm 54 and have been training for about 16 of the last 20 years. I'm 5'11" 220 lbs. My only lifts are trap bar deadlift, bench press and occasional dumbbell swings. My best recebt tb dead is 425 for 2. I have been lifting 3 days per week for a while,and like that frequency, brief workouts obviously. My question is, how often should I deadlift? I did Pavel's ptp successfully, but burned out and recently did the 5x5 3 days a week and that was tough. My goals are increased strength without adding mass (especially to my gut!). My only sport is golf (if that's a sport) and I live in New England so that's only about 6 mos. a year max. I feel the tsfosb model would probably work best for me. I greatly appreciate any advice you can give.

I don't feel that this is an adequate program. There are no squats, no presses, and you need to do some chins. But the lack of squats and presses limits the usefulness of this program to the extent that any other comments are unnecessary.