starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the best way for someone to find a black iron gym in thier area?

Default What's the best way for someone to find a black iron gym in thier area?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Rip. What would you recommend for someone to go find a gym that's about training and not about matching workout outfits?

Where are you? Let's ask the fans.

I'm from NE philly, and I'm still looking for one myself.

I go to a small, little hole-in-the-wall gym that has 3 squat racks and hardly any people, so it's not as bad as a health club.

I'm located in NYC. Most of the time in Long Island. Good gyms in either location would be appreciated.

Great question. I would love to hear suggestions for places in Boston, on the Orange Line if possible.

I'm in north Houston, Kingwood/Humble area, I would recommend my gym, but I only do private training here...the best hardcore gym that is open to the public in this area is Tiny Meeker's Power Station.... barely any membership because no one knows where it is and they don't advertise...mainly powerlifters...all good guys...all willing to help young lifters out...Tiny himself can do amazing things with your bench press if you are interested in competition, and he doesn't charge for coaching....drug free gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishman301 View Post
    Check out Iron Sport Gym in Glenholden PA... has everything an olympic lifter, powerlifter, or strongman could ever want.

Mine's called MEGA fitness. Right outside NE philly It's probably not a gym like the OP is looking for, but it's also not one of those places that's filled 857 treadmills and skinny ass personal trainers running around trying to train me. There's a total member count of about 30, and there's only about 8 people in there at the busiest times. Mostly everyone who trains there is serious about training, and there's usually some good eye candy running on the treadmills too.

I'd like to find one of those gyms like the one Rippetoe coaches at though.

Map of all CrossFit gyms in the US:
    http://clevelandcrossfit.com/2008/02...sfit-gyms.html

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishman301 View Post

I go to a small, little hole-in-the-wall gym that has 3 squat racks and hardly any people, so it's not as bad as a health club.

Iron Sport. South of Philly, exit 7 or so on 95.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast