starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting article

Default Interesting article

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...n-changes.html

So basically , it says that it is optimal for men to have a 10-12% bodyfat to put on muscle and 19-24% for women , not less , not more.

I know that most people here aren't bodybuilders (me either) , but most of those doing the beginner program are trying to optimize their strength gains by gaining weight.
    That's why I thought this article might be useful , especially for obese people lifting weights.

Dammit exter, why did you have to go and put msingh bait and jefferson bait in the same thread? By this time tomorrow, this thread will be at 36 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by exter View Post
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...n-changes.html

So basically , it says that it is optimal for men to have a 10-12% bodyfat to put on muscle and 19-24% for women , not less , not more.

I know that most people here aren't bodybuilders (me either) , but most of those doing the beginner program are trying to optimize their strength gains by gaining weight.
    That's why I thought this article might be useful , especially for obese people lifting weights.
    Been posted here before, just FYI.

I am about 15% now.
    I intend to get to 12% in 2-3 weeks hopefully and start LP again. (I'll have to fast for religious reasons anyway starting from next week).
    However , is it possible to eat enough for my lifts to keep going up while keeping the same bodyfat% , being and endomorph ??
    Aesthetics really play a minor role here (6-pack doesn't show without an appropriate lighting and flexing for me @15% anyway so it's not for this reason) , I just want to stay at 12% bodyfat for the reasons mentioned in the article.
    Last edited by exter; 07-25-2011 at 05:56 PM.

exter, there is no way in hell you're an endomorph.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgerfan View Post
    exter, there is no way in hell you're an endomorph.
    Why do you say that ??

I was 128 lbs at 9% or so , after 9 months I became 170 lbs at 18%. Also , I've always been skinny fat. (now less skinny still as fat)

Exter, Lyle doesn't recommend you STAY at 12%. he recommends you START there.

Start at 10-12%. Bulk until 15%. Cut back to 10-12%. Repeat.

It is on his site.

Also: 128lbs. 9%bf. Endomorph. I lol'd.

That's when I started LP.
    I had dieted down from at least 20% bodyfat at 150lbs doing a bodypart split (I knew nothing about lifting back then).
    Then I discovered linear progression and that I had to eat a lot to grow. I regained a lot of fat unfortunately.

If you gain 40 pounds of bodyweight but never squat above 200, you are going to put on a lot of fat. Doesn't make you an endomorph.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburgerfan View Post
    If you gain 40 pounds of bodyweight but never squat above 200, you are going to put on a lot of fat. Doesn't make you an endomorph.
    you're right on this one , I had to deload many times due to form.
    Anyway let's not turn this thread into a personal log , maybe we should discuss the veracity of the information within the article.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast