starting strength gym

Thread: Rack less novice

Default Rack less novice

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hey,
    So I'm 5'8 280 and just recently started to take control of my weight... I've lost over 40 lbs in since the start of the year. I've been working out with kettlebells and iron maces and eliminated added sugar and carbs and dairy from my diet. I've played sports throughout school up to playing club level rugby in college, this being said I have never done any barbell training besides bench ... The majority of our strength conditioning program consisted of push-ups and sled pushing. I I always considered myself strong until I heard Rip on a on a podcast and realized how far I have to go. I've recently acquired from a neighbor an Olympic barbell with 300 pounds of plates, I do not yet have a rack I'm going to take me a couple months to save up for one.

My question is would it be possible to just train on the dead lift while I'm saving up for the rack or would it be more useful to wait until I have the rack and do the program and it's entirety. I apologize if this question is been asked before if it has kissed someone could please direct me to the thread I would really appreciate it

That's fantastic ... I'm getting started this evening then! No sense in putting it off!
    Thank you!

Make getting a rack a priority. It's about the best money you'll ever spend.