starting strength gym
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: cheap 'tendo'?

There is already PUSH Band (which I have), Beast Sensor, Atlas Wristband, etc etc. Several options out right now. I'm hoping to be one of the 100 to grab the Squats and Science open source build.

Quote Originally Posted by gtl View Post
    There is already PUSH Band (which I have), Beast Sensor, Atlas Wristband, etc etc. Several options out right now. I'm hoping to be one of the 100 to grab the Squats and Science open source build.
    What sets the S&S device apart from the others?

I'm also looking at being one of the 100 to grab an OpenBarbell unit from S&S.

Any reason why you're considering it, even though you have PUSH band?

Edit: Manveer beat me to it.

I'm interested to hear a response as well, gtl. I have the push band as well. I really like it, but there are always shortcomings. Notably - the inability to customize. I also wish I could put fractional weight increases (half pounds) on workouts as well (but you cannot).

Quote Originally Posted by Mahendra View Post
    I'm also looking at being one of the 100 to grab an OpenBarbell unit from S&S.

Any reason why you're considering it, even though you have PUSH band?

Edit: Manveer beat me to it.
    Nothing. Its garbage. You don't it. If you do get it, just ship to me.

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    What sets the S&S device apart from the others?
    To be brief, it's open source and I can modify and track what I want, how I want, etc as well as implement my own analytics. I'll have to elaborate more later.

Nothing. Its garbage. You don't it. If you do get it, just ship to me.
    Haha!

On another note, I started looking for reviews on Beast Sensor. Hard to find credible opinions. Ideally, I would only be interested in bar speed.

I would be happy to help the girl in the pink yoga pants with some hip drahve. Also, anybody else see diddlysquat at 3:30? "I squat every day."

I ended up snagging the S&S open barbell build last night. I'm going to run it alongside my PUSH band for a couple of weeks, then probably sell the PUSH band. Technically, PUSH works, and does what it's supposed to, but I was attracted to the ability to customize the S&S and have it do exactly what I want as oppose to using PUSH + my phone + my laptop.

starting strength coach development program
    I ended up snagging the S&S open barbell build last night. I'm going to run it alongside my PUSH band for a couple of weeks, then probably sell the PUSH band. Technically, PUSH works, and does what it's supposed to, but I was attracted to the ability to customize the S&S and have it do exactly what I want as oppose to using PUSH + my phone + my laptop.
    I was also able to get one this weekend. Looking forward to your thoughts on it.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast