starting strength gym

Thread: USPA meet equipment rules

Default USPA meet equipment rules

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Didn't know which subforum to ask this one in, so I figured I'd chuck it in here.

I'm signed up for my very first meet taking place January 22 for the USPA. In its rule book, it lists the dimensions of certain pieces of equipment you can wear (thickness of knee sleeves, length of wrist wraps, etc.). I was under the impression that you could wear any brand you want as long as it fits the criteria in the rule book.

But now I'm seeing a list of approved equipment vendors, like Titan, Inzer and SBD. Does this mean that you can only wear equipment from the approved equipment list? Or can you wear other brands as long as it fits the criteria in the costume/equipment rules section?

If you have any questions you can always e-mail the meet director and ask them a specific question about any piece of equipment you're curious about. I've only used approved list equipment so I'm not sure about using anything that isn't on the list.

The USPA got back to me within minutes, which is surprising.

"Only equipment from the approved list is allowed for 2017 competitions.

Shoes, socks, singlets, underwear and belts do not have to be from the allowed list but must meet the specifications outline in the rule book."

Chances are, if it's a local meet, brand won't matter.

Then again, I have no experience with USPA so that that with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    The USPA got back to me within minutes, which is surprising.

"Only equipment from the approved list is allowed for 2017 competitions.

Shoes, socks, singlets, underwear and belts do not have to be from the allowed list but must meet the specifications outline in the rule book."
    Awesome news!

starting strength coach development program
    Evolutionize also emailed me back and said this:

Hey Marc,

"Yes, all of our products are within legal spec of USPA, and are currently legal in all USPA competitions.

We are also currently in touch with the directors of USPA to ensure our products will be on their approved list starting on January 1st. After the first, all equipment must be approved idk the IPF, so make sure any other equipment you have is in the process of getting approved!

Good luck at your competition!"