starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Form Check

Default Deadlift Form Check

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    Requesting a form check. Weight didn’t feel too bad but I think my hips are moving first. I’m skinny as hell but have been gaining almost 2 lbs a week.

February 9, 2022 - YouTube

Ditch the gloves. Don't breathe when the bar is not on the ground. Focus on pushing the floor with your feet. Don't worry about picking the bar up. Take a big breath, set your back, pull the slack out of the bar, and push the floor away.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    Ditch the gloves. Don't breathe when the bar is not on the ground. Focus on pushing the floor with your feet. Don't worry about picking the bar up. Take a big breath, set your back, pull the slack out of the bar, and push the floor away.
    Andrew,

Thanks for the comments. The lift just feels like I’m leaking power somewhere. I notice my knees want to straighten right away which pushes my hips up and it’s making the lift harder than it should be by throwing me out of position to pull. That’s what it feels like anyway.