starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift platform question

Default Deadlift platform question

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Since winter is approaching, I need to re-think my deadlift platform. My garage floor is often wet from snow and ice dripping off the vehicle in my garage. Has anyone put a layer of stall matting on the bottom of a deadlift platform to keep the wood from having to sit in salty water?

I am wondering if it would be too bouncy? Then again, probably no worse than a layer on the top and bumper plates? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Horse stall mats aren't "bouncy," particularly the 3/4 inch-thick stock.

Thanks for the input. I have been cheap so far and just using a piece of OSB since my deadlift isn't that heavy yet. but since the OSB is starting to get beat up, I would rather just build it once.

Yeah, what's cool with some of the mats is that they have raised blisters on the bottom, kind of like Legos, that provide for a little air flow under the mats.

I would think the bumper plates alone would be ok on your garage floor. Thats what ive been doing for the past several years anyway. I have the deadblow style bumper plates.

starting strength coach development program
    They probably would be, but I only have iron plates so building a platform is a cheaper option. I am going to try it out with stall mats on the bottom also after next payday.