starting strength gym

Thread: Form check- texas method intensity day.

Default Form check- texas method intensity day.

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    This is my current RM5, doing TM for the 6th week now(tomorrow should be 157.5KG hopefully)... it was damn heavy too

I also felt on the last rep that I had no air, I needed like 8 seconds to breath or else I wouldn't have made it, this is the first time it ever happened, should I be worried or is that a normal thing on the heavy duty weights?

Looks about like a 5RM should. On the ascent you kick your head back, which I have to fight myself. However, even on your last rep you held things together pretty well. Good squats.

No matter what I try to do, on the ascent I have to look straight forward, I am able to make it on the light 80% weights, but no hell I could make it on a new 5RM

Appreciate your response.
    Any ideas about the heavy breathing? took me 8 seconds to breath for that last rep

Nice job. Watch your knees in all the reps. They slide forward slightly at the bottom of the reps, additionally, you pop your head up as you come out of the hole. Your last rep is the best, I am guessing that you pulled everything together and were able to stay tight for fear of not getting it. All in all, it's not bad, and about what I would expect the last set of 1x5 to look like.

Edit: I see Tom answered you while I was typing.

Quote Originally Posted by David_G View Post
    No matter what I try to do, on the ascent I have to look straight forward, I am able to make it on the light 80% weights, but no hell I could make it on a new 5RM

Appreciate your response.
    Any ideas about the heavy breathing? took me 8 seconds to breath for that last rep
    Everything looked pretty good to me.. minus the head. Gotta try keeping that head down.

Heavy breathing? That's normal when you do your max 5RM, right? I hope.... I know I do it and I'm not even at my max. Try taking a little bit longer between reps. I try to do a good 5 - 7 on all of mine. (Now that I'm getting heavier.)

Quote Originally Posted by David_G View Post
    Welcome to a genuine 5RM. Lovely feeling, is it not?

starting strength coach development program
    Haha, well that is a sensation I haven't felt before ok all good
    Thanks everyone, will work on the eye location