starting strength gym

Thread: 135x5 Press (Format Disallowed Reply)

Default 135x5 Press (Format Disallowed Reply)

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Yeah the cooky format wouldn't allow me to respond.

Thanks for the compliments. I've ordered some .5 micro plates; the smallest I have at the moment are 1.25s. The 2.5 pound jumps were too big apparently so the only alternative I could think of in the meantime was doing 2.5# jumps every other work out. It's not linear, but hey. Also, a question about progressing with .5s: what other plates do I need to buy to compliment progression with .5s? 1s and 2s?

Since the last vid (which was 130; the thread title was a typo), I've gained 5# bw putting me at 180. This, and honing in on my form a little I suppose (I think I kept it closer to my face on these), allowed these to go up pretty quick. Also happy to finally have the 45s on.

I need to stop getting on my toes at lockout; Idk what that's all about.

Press 135x5 - YouTube

Your wrists are bent a little too much and it looks like your elbows are behind the bar. Grip may be a touch wide, too.Work hard to keep your knees locked. If there is a touch of unlock as the hips go forward, that doesn't fuss me so much, so long as the knee bend is not used to help propel the bar upwards, a la a push press. Still, squeeze your knees. Other than that, those presses look good. Excellent use of the hips and good timing, too.