starting strength gym

Thread: 1st time Squat form check

Default 1st time Squat form check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    34 y/o male
    5'8.5" 175 lbs

I watched my form after 290x5x3 on my LP and noticed 2 things: 1) I was consistently stopping about 1 inch too high and 2) the dreaded knee slide.

For this video the weight is 255 and I'm trying the TUBOW method for knee slide.

I also noticed that my shoulders are feeling a little sore after squats. Any tips/advice are appreciated. Thanks

No video.

Oops 😉

YouTube

I shoukd also say that I hadn't been videoing all of my sets until I had a little bit of patella tendon soreness. That's why I am doing using TUBOW

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha Aaron View Post
    I also noticed that my shoulders are feeling a little sore after squats. Any tips/advice are appreciated. Thanks
    Your elbows should be down inline with your back, not jacked up high like you have them now. Making this change may require you to adjust your grip width a bit.
    The Elbow Problem | Jordan Feigenbaum

Quote Originally Posted by A Schenck View Post
    Your elbows should be down inline with your back, not jacked up high like you have them now. Making this change may require you to adjust your grip width a bit.
    The Elbow Problem | Jordan Feigenbaum
    Thanks, I'll give it a read

Other than the elbow issue there's not much to fuss about with these. They could maybe use a little more hip drive, but they're pretty solid.

Getting it out of the rack that way is not sustainable, but I assume you normally squat facing the other way.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    Other than the elbow issue there's not much to fuss about with these. They could maybe use a little more hip drive, but they're pretty solid.

Getting it out of the rack that way is not sustainable, but I assume you normally squat facing the other way.
    Thanks! Ya I normally face out of the cage. This was just to get the video angle. I appreciate the advice. I'm definitely going to focus more on my elbows/grip and hip drive as well.