starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nootropics

Cool Nootropics

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Anyone take these things? Quackery or legit?

I take Focus XT. The first couple of times using it, i had immense focus. Think tunnel-vision. But the concentration only lasts for an hour for me than it wears off quickly. Doesnt wear off completely though. You'll still be able to feel the effects of it, just no more tunnel-vision like concentration. For me, it also suppresses hunger and keeps me awake for a very long time. On days where i have to stay up for more than 24++ hrs, it stops the craving for power naps as well. After the first couple of times using it, when your body builds a better tolerance for it, you dont feel the focus effect of it that much anymore. Like it drops from a 10/10 to a 7/10. IT still keeps you awake for a very long time though. I offered a serving of it to a buddy of mine, it was his first time taking it and he had trouble sleeping at night, he was only able to fall asleep late afternoon the next day. So yeah, i vote legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppa View Post
    I take Focus XT.
    It's probably the caffeine. Do you drink coffee at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppa View Post
    I take Focus XT. The first couple of times using it, i had immense focus. Think tunnel-vision. But the concentration only lasts for an hour for me than it wears off quickly. Doesnt wear off completely though. You'll still be able to feel the effects of it, just no more tunnel-vision like concentration. For me, it also suppresses hunger and keeps me awake for a very long time. On days where i have to stay up for more than 24++ hrs, it stops the craving for power naps as well. After the first couple of times using it, when your body builds a better tolerance for it, you dont feel the focus effect of it that much anymore. Like it drops from a 10/10 to a 7/10. IT still keeps you awake for a very long time though. I offered a serving of it to a buddy of mine, it was his first time taking it and he had trouble sleeping at night, he was only able to fall asleep late afternoon the next day. So yeah, i vote legit.
    I find it hard to believe that a commercially available, legally obtainable supplement without the need for prescription can keep an individual awake and functioning without sleep for 24 PLUS PLUS hours. Even caffeine has it's limitations as do all drugs. Another thing to consider is microsleeps, the individual is not aware of a micro sleep having taken place and because of this special equipment is needed to measure brain activity.

Quote Originally Posted by OCG View Post
    It's probably the caffeine. Do you drink coffee at all?

Love coffee. Dont drink much though. Im a stimulant tolerant person. Coffee doesnt do anything to me. I can drink a cup of coffee and be sleeping half an hour later.

Quote Originally Posted by b17vic View Post
    I find it hard to believe that a commercially available, legally obtainable supplement without the need for prescription can keep an individual awake and functioning without sleep for 24 PLUS PLUS hours. Even caffeine has it's limitations as do all drugs. Another thing to consider is microsleeps, the individual is not aware of a micro sleep having taken place and because of this special equipment is needed to measure brain activity.
    When i have to stay up for that long, its not just Focus XT that keeps my awake. It will usually include a stick or 2 of cigarettes, a nice warm shower, music and not to forget, pressure and anxiety.
    Last edited by Hoppa; 07-18-2012 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by b17vic View Post
    See Adrafinil. Your body turns it into Modafinil which is certainly capable of keeping you awake for 24 hours without a feeling of tiredness.

Quote Originally Posted by jkw View Post
    See Adrafinil. Your body turns it into Modafinil which is certainly capable of keeping you awake for 24 hours without a feeling of tiredness.
    where do i buy this stuff?

What do nootropics have to do with keeping you awake?

I need to read more about this stuff. It's like a whole new world of potential awesomeness that I didn't even know existed.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronan the Barbarian View Post
    I need to read more about this stuff. It's like a whole new world of potential awesomeness that I didn't even know existed.
    I briefly read the wikipedia page, and the term seems to cover just about everything that's a stimulant, including the normal caffeine and amphetamine-like stuff. Most of the stuff isn't even new, it was just given a new name. I'm doing a serious of reviews of pre-workout supplements, and did one of BSN HyperFX which has some in it (shameless plug). To me, it was pretty worthless. I have some Jack3d that I started taking on non-workout days, and the DMAA is much better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast