starting strength gym

Thread: Your texas method diet

Default Your texas method diet

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    We have had a few threads about texas method training weight % variables.

I've re run ss after injury and travelling, and hit my tm weights from last time I did it but at a lower bf and overall weight. Basically, I didn't eat such a huge calorific surplus and didn't run gomad.

I ran lean gains for 3months cutting whilst on the tm and managed to lose 5lbs whilst increasing the weight.

I'm going to start running just over maintenance now to keep progressing.

What is the optimum calories over maintenance you have found for the tm to keep progressing?

I'm going to have maintenance on off days and +500cals on lifting days with all the extra energy coming from carbs. Fat and protein is the same every day.

Any good results? I want to reduce the inevitable fat gain to make next springs cut a bit easier.

i've never really been able to decide whether i should eat more on training days or the days immediately after, since protein synthesis doesn't peak until 24 hours after bouts of training

I'd rather eat before to prepare for tomorrow's session. The benefits of eating a lot before lifting is just placebo if you ask me.

I've been doing Leangains/Intermittent Fasting for 1,5 months now, lost 8 pounds while making slow progress. I started IF because of the abnormal heat this summer I could force myself to eat only in the evening, so I figured I might as well lean out, but the way things are going IF could become my permanent eating plan. I am overeating on training days and doing a 24 h fast on weekends, protein is 2 grams per pound or less because I don't like eating more.

250/200/55 on all days except bench volume/bench instensity (assuming split TM setup for powerlifting)
    225/360/50 for mon and thurs (pressing volume and intensity days preceding squat days)
    Bcaas between all meals

This is for 181 lifter. Extrapolate it out.