starting strength gym

Thread: Rows form check

Default Rows form check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I unfortunately did not get any feedback at the technique forum, which is why I'm posting it here. Thanks in advance!

250*8

235lbs 6'2

Started adding these, just wondering if I'm doing the "snap" okay, if it's too much, if I could handle more weight and just "snap" harder - just trying to figure these out because I used to do the strict bent-over version of these for BB ages ago and I know these serve a different purpose altogether. Thank you for the feedback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMYrFWnIC1w

Worry more about your low back. You need to set it before you start and keep it flat through the whole set.

You also use the deadlift setup to row, you are supposed to use the SLDL setup (straighter knees) and you drop your chest to meet the bar which cheats the rep.

Didn't you post a LTE form check a while back? When's the curl one, I have been waiting!

Haha, well I feel I learn a lot from other people's videos on the main lifts and nobody asks about the assistance ones, so those are the ones I post about. I didn't know I was supposed to use an SLDL setup instead of a normal deadlift one, that's good to know.