Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lifting shoes

Default Lifting shoes

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hello guys!

I have two questions:

1) I'm looking for a good, cheap pair of lifting shoes. Since I really am on a very tight budget, I've pretty much narrowed my search to:

i) Adidas Powerlift 2.0 (90$)
    http://www.roguefitness.com/adidaspowerlift2.php

and

ii) Win-Gos (120$)
    http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-we...ting-shoes.php

They both fit in the recommended heel height range I think (Adidas are 3/5 of an inch, WG are 3/4). I'd rather get the cheaper ones if they're as good as the others... Do you have any experience/feedback on those? Do you recommend any?

2) Do any of you know a cheap way to send those overseas (to South America more precisely)? I live in Peru and those are impossible to find over here. I'm not in the best financial state at the moment but training is one of the most important things I do (and enjoy doing!), so I'm making an effort to try and get them. Rogue Fitness charges 50$ for the shipping, and I think there surely must be a cheaper way to have those sent to me, right? I don't quite care if they take a month to arrive...

Thanks a lot!

Jose

1) Get the Adidas Power Perfect II http://www.dynamicfitnessequipment.c...uctCode=G17563

2) No idea. The cheapest way is probably through USPS but they're unreliable.

I would go for VS Athletics. They are cheaper than both of of those pairs, and they've always worked great for me. My current pair has lasted 2-3 years and is nowhere near retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    I would go for VS Athletics. They are cheaper than both of of those pairs, and they've always worked great for me. My current pair has lasted 2-3 years and is nowhere near retirement.
    Jesus, those things are ugly as fuck. Not that I quite care though, they're almost beautiful. They have a full inch heel though, isn't that more than what's optimal?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal_k View Post
    1) Get the Adidas Power Perfect II http://www.dynamicfitnessequipment.c...uctCode=G17563

2) No idea. The cheapest way is probably through USPS but they're unreliable.
    Thanks, I'll take those in consideration, they seem studier than the ones I posted. And yeah I read about USPS somewhere, but the unreliable part of the story scares me, I'm not in the best position (geographicaly) to complain if something goes wrong with the delivery...

Hrm, yea, the site does show them as having a very large heel. I was pretty sure mine are 3/4" inch, but now I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    I'd ask Brazilian "doctor" Carlos Daniel about getting shoes in south America.
    My experience is that there are very limited options, as in no options at all most of the time. And If you actually find anything, it's stupidly overpriced, to the point that it's cheaper to buy it in the US and have them shipped than buying it here. Unless of course Dr. Daniel is in the smuggling business. Anyway, how can I find this honest man?

Use ebay, use the "saved search" feature and get notifications when your size shows up used. Normally shoes are still in great condition or basically new.

I have the Rogue "Do-Win" [Win-Go?].

I have the 1/2 inch heel, which I think is more for powerlifting compared to the 3/4" heel which may be better for Olympic lifts. Truthfully I doubt heel height makes much difference at my level (novice).

I went from lifting in socks (at home) to using these shoes at home, I must say for squats, deadlifts, power cleans, it's an impovement over socks. I set my foot angle and it feels more planted. Of course, I might have experienced the same thing with Chuck Taylors.

The 1/2" heel shoes are red, I prefer black, but who cares, it's not a fashion show for me.

I'm a size 10 in other shoes, and Do-Wins in size 10 fit good.

They have laces and straps, which maybe makes them more stable on the foot, although I question the value of the strap near the toe. I might appreciate it more once I hit bigger weight numbers.

They are made with suede, and seem like they should last a good long time wearing them at home 3 times a week for less than 2 hours at a time.

That's all i got, good luck!

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks a lot for your detailed review on the Do-Wins, John (Why the hell did I write Win-Go?!?)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast