starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hey,

Just wanted to get your thoughts on my form. Realised that I have some knee slide at the bottom, and the bar path is not really straight.

All of your squats are well above parallel. This is a more pressing problem than your knee slide. You need to go significantly lower. Maybe 10 cm lower. A visit to Mr. Shaun Pang might be in order here.

Hey Tom,
    Realised that there was a problem with depth myself, and attempted to try to go below parallel. I have a video of it here:

Having read the sticky, you know that videos from the front are difficult from a form check perspective. Indeed.

With that said, depth looks okay. Now, stop overextending your back. Keep your chin down. Don't pull your knees back so soon. Use knee extension to propel the bar upwards. Right now, your knees are straigthening out without making the bar go up much, leaving only hip extension to finish the lift.

Yes indeed they are. Will keep everything you've said in mind. Thank you for taking the time to provide these valuable insights! Appreciate it.