starting strength gym

Thread: Fiber Issues

Question Fiber Issues

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hey guys, I'm trying to gain ~.5 pounds a week and recently added about 150 calories into my diet, last week I actually lost .3 lbs so i made a bigger jump than normal, and now all of a sudden my average weight for the week jumped one pound. My highest weigh-in was today at 144.6 wich is 2lbs over last week's average. After tracking my fiber for a few weeks it looks like I usually get =or more than 50 grams of fiber daily. My bowel movements have been irregular, and i have to force them most of the time. Should I reduce the calories slightly or just lower the fiber and see if that's what is causing my rapid weight gain?

Quote Originally Posted by Dylanbohn95 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm trying to gain ~.5 pounds a week and recently added about 150 calories into my diet, last week I actually lost .3 lbs so i made a bigger jump than normal, and now all of a sudden my average weight for the week jumped one pound. My highest weigh-in was today at 144.6 wich is 2lbs over last week's average. After tracking my fiber for a few weeks it looks like I usually get =or more than 50 grams of fiber daily. My bowel movements have been irregular, and i have to force them most of the time. Should I reduce the calories slightly or just lower the fiber and see if that's what is causing my rapid weight gain?
    Keep cals and fiber the same, but drink more water during the day. I think most of your variation is water related.

I drink over a gallon a day. I decided to try a mild laxative and tuning my fiber to about 35-38 grams a day and that seems to have helped with the fluctuations. Its actually revealed that i didn't gain much weight at all this week, so im uping is another 90 calories at the beginning of next week.

Cool man- hope things continue to go well for you.