starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50 States 50 Burgers

Default 50 States 50 Burgers

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    This is way off topic, but since most of us here are burger fans, I thought this might interest you:

The Best Burger in Each State

Do you agree/disagree with the best burger in your state? I completely disagree with mine. The "Cajun Shrimp Burger?" Really? I don't want shrimp on my burger. Everyone in Louisiana knows that the best burger is at Port of Call on Esplanade Ave in New Orleans.

I do agree with In-N-Out Burger for California though.

Looks like the Trendiest Burgers to me. The best hamburger in Texas is at Herd's in Jacksboro. Everybody knows this.

Default Louisiana burgers

My diet when I started SS included 1 burger a day from the Harbour, here in Metairie. Same huge size as a Port o Call burger, better seasoning IMHO, but no massive baked potato. It does include a lingerie show on Fridays, though. C'mon coach, come do a cert here in New Orleans, I want to count how many dozens of raw oysters you can eat!

As great as In-N-Out is, it's only the best fast food burger out there. The best burger I've had in my home state of California is the double bacon cheeseburger at Burgers and Brew in Davis. Angus beef, thick cut applewood smoked bacon, melted cheese, and if you want to be truly Californian about it, avocado.

I almost want to jump in my car and make the three hour drive to Davis. And since Burgers and Brew is open until Late-Thirty, I will get there in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Looks like the Trendiest Burgers to me. The best hamburger in Texas is at Herd's in Jacksboro. Everybody knows this.
    Hrrrrrmmmm...I gonna have to run out there and visit next time I'm in FW. Anyone ever take you to Fred's in FW?

I did not know this, and I consider myself fairly knowledgeable on the subject. I will put this on my to do list.

I don't know Rip. I know its not in your neck of the woods, but Chris Madrid's in San Antonio has a really tasty burger.

I was pleased to see The Royal Tavern as the pick for PA. It's definitely my favorite place in Philly, and I can attest to the burger there being excellent.

Now that it's public, I guess I need to get to Jacksboro.

On a side note, if you're in Fort Worth a good combo at M&O Grill is the King Henry burger with the vanilla milk shake. The shake is literally unbelievable.

starting strength coach development program
    North Carolina's is wrong too. The best burgers I've ever had come from Johnson's Cheeseburgers in the small town of Silar City. The place is only open for lunch. He buys local beef and grinds it himself every day, and tops it with a slice of Velveeta cut thick from a chunk. When he runs out of beef for the day he closes. There is always a line waiting for a table or stool at the counter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast