starting strength gym

Thread: failed workout, repeat day after?

Default failed workout, repeat day after?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Today I had singles for the press but I was in another gym, I loaded the bar incrementing 5 pounds since the last time I did singles. (three weeks ago)

I tried 3 times with approriate rest but I didn't get even 1 so I moved into DB benches and LTEs.
    I think that there was a significant difference in what the plates weigh.

Is there any point doing press singles tomorrow with the usual plates or should I just ignore the training and move on?

Quote Originally Posted by quad View Post
    Today I had singles for the press but I was in another gym, I loaded the bar incrementing 5 pounds since the last time I did singles. (three weeks ago)

I tried 3 times with approriate rest but I didn't get even 1 so I moved into DB benches and LTEs.
    I think that there was a significant difference in what the plates weigh.

Is there any point doing press singles tomorrow with the usual plates or should I just ignore the training and move on?
    If you did DB Bench and LTE's today, do you think you're going to manage heavy press tomorrow? Just call it a fail, rest, recover, and repeat the weight at your normal gym next time your program calls for presses.

Quote Originally Posted by quad View Post

Why not just deload to the point where you could do a press?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    Why not just deload to the point where you could do a press?
    Good question.