starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back feels better, critique my squat please...with my new WL shoes!

Default Back feels better, critique my squat please...with my new WL shoes!

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hello,

I squated 235lbs here with my new WL shoes. I'd like some opinions on depth, back angle, knees etc. I need to do a deload and correct any major form issues before I go too heavy.

Also tell me if my form is good enought to keep adding weight, or have to correct form issues.

Thanks guys.

Are you doing high-bar?

Hi Carlos, good to see you.

No man it's low bar. Probably not visible from this angle. It's in the same spot as my other form checks a few months ago. Do I look too upright?

Good to see you too bro. Good to know your back is better.

It does seem a little upright but if you say it's low bar, I'll take your word. The only thing happening is that your knee travels forward during the whole descent, it should stop going forward at about 1/3 of the descent.

Thanks man. It's heavy and the form is going to shit again. I'll post another video up later. I'm squatting this afternoon again.

I concur with carlos's concerns and would also add that it looks like your grip is too wide and elbows too high. But hard to be sure from this angle.

Dastardly, thank you for your reply.

I'm still having some issues with my grip. I want to take a photo of my arms so you guys can tell me if my limbs are long or whatnot. When I press, I look like the guy in the book from the front, the bar not resting on the delts because his forarms are too long. So with that, I feel like my grip can't come in closer. I tried this last week like in the videos, but when I go to squeeze under the bar, my arms "stop" me. It's not like I'm must stiff, I literally can't get further.

I squated 245lbs Friday. I didn't upload it I was at home. Here it is. I will paste my new video from today at 255lbs!!! Holy shit.

My arms look weird in this video but that's what I can manage. Is the bar too high? Put your sound off because my buddy tried to motivate me. haha. The last rep he moved to the front to get another angle but the stupid smith machine was in the way.

My knees are still a problem, but depth looks good? On one I'm too high though.

Do you guys prefer the angle from the front or back? Like the 45degree. From the front it's difficult because I want to stay close to those "excuses for catch bars" in front of the smith.

Thank you for your replies.

I'm excited! I squatted 255lbs today. Looks like I can still go up 10lbs every workout. By the end of this week I'll be at 275lbs!!!

Anyway, here is my video for today. My buddy had to stand behind me because I'm getting nervous, it's quite heavy. I tried to squeeze my arms in more but this is as far as it will go. My elbows are very high and I don't know what to do to make them go down more but not "unlock" the bar in the shelf? Any suggestions please?
    Last rep was a little high.

Thank you for the comments.

I think those are some pretty good squats, congrats. I'd forget about the whole hand spacing issue, it's fine as far as I'm concerned if you can't get it closer.

starting strength coach development program
    Great thanks man! Hope you're doing good.

I appreciate your comments man especially now that the weight gets heavy. These ones felt "strong" so I feel good to keep adding 10lbs. I'll upload more vids of bench and press later this week.

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast