starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knoisy Knees

Default Knoisy Knees

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    During my workout today my knees were a lot more noisy than I have ever heard. There was no pain, everything seems to be working as advertised. Just lots of popping.

The only thing different was my warmup. I just staring using knee sleeves, for about two weeks now. I usually warm up with the sleeves on doing body squats 2 or 3 sets of 5 empty bar squats. However, today I warmed up on a bike, 5 min, then put on the sleeves and started the workout.

Anyone have an idea what might be going on?

Unless the noise is associated with pain/discomfort, I wouldn't sweat it.

Could be the weather. When it's cold or rainy I pop and crack more than other days.

I don't feel any pain and it seems to be as loud doing body squats as it was doing today's max weight of 215x5. I was more curious than worried.

Also, today is about 20 degs warmer that it has been in a while.

So I guess that is a no to my theory...

Not a clue what's going on. But I also have the cracking knees -- and cracking elbows, wrists, and sometimes hips. (And the elbow cracking hurts a bit sometimes.) Makes me feel old, dammit.

-Kate

My knee's crack and pop all the time, loud enough at times people working near me hear it. It never hurts. I would follow the other suggestions, if you aren't feeling any pain don't sweat it, but you can always have it checked out by your physician to double check.

My knees started making all kinds of crackling noises while squatting a couple years ago. I felt no pain, but it was alarming. I'm in my mid-40's so I guess the sound effects just come with the territory. I started wearing knee sleeves. Either they did the trick or I just don't notice it anymore.

HAd the orthopedist check out my crackling knees. Everything is there and seems to be in good shape. No pain. Grosses out my son when I squat (heh!)

starting strength coach development program
    I've experienced this kind of popping in just about all of my joints from the time I was very young. My father has always been the same way. How common this kind of thing is seems to vary between individuals. But I agree with the others in all my internet wisdom that it is likely nothing to worry about.

-Stacey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast