starting strength gym

Thread: Weightlifting shoes for my woman

Default Weightlifting shoes for my woman

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    So I've been to the vs athletics site and I've looked at the shoes and am trying to find a pair for my girlfriend who has been training with me for a few months now. Are there any models that are better for women, considering her foot is somewhat narrower than my flat, wide man foot? Also, I'm concerned with heel height since deadlifting is the only thing that she sometimes struggles with. Ive read how the new VS have 3.2cm heel height but the do-wins have 1.5" heel height. Any input would be much appreciated. The shoes will be a Christmas present so I'd rather not do any ripping and planing.

Get her some Adidas. They are lasted narrow, look cool, and have a low heel.

What do you think of the idea of getting bowling shoes and having a non-slip sole put on them? Saves dollars. Ever known anybody who used these and heard feedback on how they perform?

And btw, I see what you mean about stevo.

thanks

Bowling shoes would be cheaper, and I'd always thought of using them for WL shoes. You lose the metatarsal strap, and you'd need to have the sole made flat, but if the bowling alley would sell you a used pair you afford to do it.