starting strength gym

Thread: knees out / weight on outside of foot

Default knees out / weight on outside of foot

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I've figured out with your help that one of my big problems with the squat is keeping my knees out.

Today I tried thinking about forcing my weight onto the outside of my feet, if you see what I mean. I was struggling with the weight in the first and second set (where I was thinking about shoving my knees out) but in the third set where I thought about the outside of my feet, the weight shot up with much less effort, and for the first time I felt it coming from my hips.

I didn't feel so stable on my feet though , but maybe because I am just not used to the right movement and placement? Could I hurt myself doing this? My knees feel a little tender but they did after the second set so I assume it was my shitty form on sets 1 & 2.

I suppose you are going to tell me that if what I am doing is working I should keep on doing it.

Or you might just delete this and hope I am smart enough to figure that out for myself....

This is a good example of how the individual incorporates their own understanding of the theoretical model into their training. You'll next figure out how to do the same thing with your knees while keeping your feet flat. Good job.