starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USAPL State Meet canceled 6 weeks out

Default USAPL State Meet canceled 6 weeks out

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024

Kinda shitty if you ask me

Death to usapl. I hope they stay out of indiana.

Is this why you steered me toward the USPA? Thanks again.

Everyone bitches and moans about there being problems with PL, nobody volunteers to help at the meets. Don't know why the meet director couldn't have gotten paid spotters and loaders but oh well.

6 weeks out..

What about people who are in the middle of a training cycle and plan on peaking that day? Or if someone paid a coach for programming, diet, or whatever? Plus, all the of work put into it leading up to this point?

If the issue is lack of volunteers or spotters or loaders, yes, I agree you could pay some.. but I really don't think it should be that hard to find someone. Maybe you wouldn't have it secured by now, but if you get to the 2 wk out point, then you offer up a little cash, or see if people who work at whatever facility its being held at a chance to help. Meet fees are pretty low ($50 per division), but what does the USAPL membership go towards? Surely they should be able to tap into some funds..

Yeah, people can put backyard meets together easily enough, the USAPL should be able to tap into some resources to get a state meet going. They should never cancel it that close to a meet anyways. I am sure part of it is the number of participants they have, but honestly they should just eat it and have the meet. Otherwise who is going to sign up for their meets in Indiana next time?

I'll be lifting at the Buckeye State (OH) meet that day as my first PL meet ever. They are charging $75 for 1st division and $35 for each extra. I guess that money is going toward paying people to help run it. Dayton is 2.5 hours from Ft Wayne and only about an hour from Indianapolis. We're going to be overrun by Hoosiers!!

Quote Originally Posted by SarahBeth View Post
    I'll be lifting at the Buckeye State (OH) meet that day as my first PL meet ever. They are charging $75 for 1st division and $35 for each extra. I guess that money is going toward paying people to help run it. Dayton is 2.5 hours from Ft Wayne and only about an hour from Indianapolis. We're going to be overrun by Hoosiers!!
    Indy to Dayton is actually about 2.5 hours away. I was going to go up to Ft Wayne because my dad lives there. Free room and board. The problem with going to the Ohio meet is that not only would I pay more for gas, but now I'd have to get a hotel, too. (And the Indiana meet was cheaper). Plus, its Indiana State Championship.. why would I want to compete in an Ohio State Championship? haha

Anyways, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth for any future USAPL meets. Good luck to you, SarahBeth.

Quote Originally Posted by gtl View Post
    Anyways, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth for any future USAPL meets. Good luck to you, SarahBeth.
    It's a complete bullshit move by the meet director and I'd be pissed too. It wouldn't surprise me if any USAPL presence in Indiana dies out after crap like this.

That said, it reflects poorly on your state chair and the meet director, not on the whole fed. I'm sure if he or she asked online they could've found volunteers, even refs if needed. I've seen a few meet directors ask around the USAPL facebook pages if anyone can spare some time when they're shorthanded and its always worked out. I never saw anything from the Indiana meet. It's possible USAPL could have helped out by financing some volunteers or refs but I never saw any attempt by the meet director to ask for help.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by elVarouza View Post
    It's a complete bullshit move by the meet director and I'd be pissed too. It wouldn't surprise me if any USAPL presence in Indiana dies out after crap like this.
    I have never seen or heard anything about any USAPL presence in Indiana to begin with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast