starting strength gym

Thread: Coach, any plans to visit Australia?

Default Coach, any plans to visit Australia?

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I'm commencing my Sports and Excercise Science (Exercise Physiology) degree next year and would love to go to your Starting Strength Seminar and eventually open a WFAC in Australia (dreams), with your blessing of course.

In all seriousness, any plans conducting seminars out here? Don't know how economical it would be, but I'm sure you have a decent following in Australia.

Sorry, I did search but found no similar question or response indicating that you do have plans visiting here. My search skills are obviously lacking.

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Don't mean to speak for Rip, but he discussed in a previous thread that it just isn't economically viable to do seminars in Europe. I imagine there is an even bigger problem with Australia.

Unfortunately, looks like your only real shot is to attend a seminar in the States.

I tried suggesting that they update the DVD or make another one that has a seminar on it. It can be both a DVD and downloadable content. I see this often in MMA, martial arts and even shooting courses/seminars/trainings. That way, the market is global.

Of course, you don't get a certificate of attendance.

Thanks for your insight. I imagine it wouldn't exactly be profitable and I can understand that preventing him from visiting our shores. Would be great to have him here though.

The DVD is a good idea. I mean everything is in the books, and the original DVD supplements the literature well enough. However, a DVD geared more to coaching athletes in the lifts, and also presenting approaches to correcting mobility issues and adjusting from linear progression would be nice.

starting strength coach development program
    Would love too see Rip here in Australia! Unfortunately our small market seems to get the short end of the stick in most supply/demand situations.