starting strength gym

Thread: Sleeping at day light

Default Sleeping at day light

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hi rip, i have heard that when you sleep at night your body is making hormones (i didn't find the right word for making, sorry English is my native language).
    And if i'm always sleeping at day light, could it interrupt my recovery?
    Or its Bullshit?

Better to sleep at night for this reason, but hormones are made anytime you're really asleep. So, sleep when you can.

Quote Originally Posted by yosi231 View Post
    Hi rip, i have heard that when you sleep at night your body is making hormones (i didn't find the right word for making, sorry English is my native language).
    And if i'm always sleeping at day light, could it interrupt my recovery?
    Or its Bullshit?
    You're 16 so i doubt you're a shift worker. If your nights are taken up with "cardio" until dawn then congratulations (and i'm jealous), otherwise just go to bed at a decent hour!

Also, speaking of BS, over the past several weeks you've studiously ignored all (or practically all) of the advice you got on this site. (Any progress on getting fractional weights of some sort? no? shocking!) Why do you even bother asking anything? You're just going to do whatever random thing you feel like doing anyway so just go do it.

Quote Originally Posted by veryhrm View Post
    You're 16 so i doubt you're a shift worker. If your nights are taken up with "cardio" until dawn then congratulations (and i'm jealous), otherwise just go to bed at a decent hour!

Also, speaking of BS, over the past several weeks you've studiously ignored all (or practically all) of the advice you got on this site. (Any progress on getting fractional weights of some sort? no? shocking!) Why do you even bother asking anything? You're just going to do whatever random thing you feel like doing anyway so just go do it.
    No i didn't ignore all of the advices, ill but microweights soon enough, i don't want eat more\cant eat more than that (i already have eaten 4-5k calories and just cant eat more).
    and i have decided that i did SS and its time to move on to intermidiate program.
    there is no chance that someone can finish ss with this weights?:
    110kg squat
    120+ kg deadlift (i'm on 120 now but it keeps going up)
    70 BP
    50 press
    60 clean? (i have just started doing cleans and i'm working on my technique now).
    I was sleeping well, eating well, bot bad technique, and did few resets in each exercise. and my weights are not going up in each workout anymore... doesn't it mean that i should move on?
    or i'm just stupid and i didn't understand well enough the program or moving on from it to another?
    what would you do if you were me? i ain't got nobody to explain things to me except the internet (forums) and the SS book...

and i didn't ask this question to find a reason my i couldn't raise weights from workout to workout anymore, i just wanted to know if it can affect my recovery...
    and i'm going to sleep late because i'm hanging out with my friends almost until the morning (sometimes 3-4pm and when i come home i need to eat more too).
    My holy days will be over in 3 days and ill get back to sleeping in decent hour.
    Sorry for the 2nd post ill appreciate if you could combine them into one post