starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Form Check

Default Deadlift Form Check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Mark, here is a video of me Deadlifting 300x5. I'm about 5'10. The last two reps are pretty atrocious, but I would also like feedback on the first 3 reps. The bar drifted forward a little on the last rep resulting in some pretty bad form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tFzyUwvrHQ

By the way, currently my squat is way behind my deadlift. In the video, I'm DL 300x5, but I probably can't even do a single parallel squat (according to SS standards) with 225. I know a lot of advanced lifters can have a deadlift considerably ahead of their squat in lbs, but percentagewise it may not be as great as what I show. So, at the risk of ridicule, would you recommend any guideline for novice lifters like myself to not DL more than a certain percentage of their squat, e.g. not to ever deadlift more than 1.25-1.5 x their max squat for DL work sets?

Oh, by the way, you're probably already aware of this, but George Noory has a new show debuting tonight on the Sci-Fi channel. I think they've only filmed 5 episodes, but based on the success of 'Ghost Hunters' I bet it lasts several seasons.

Ken

Look at the difference in back position and bar position between where you try to start your pull and the point at which it actually leaves the ground. That should tell you some important things.

And it would be better if George Noory wasn't so credulous. He'd be more convincing and his show would be more entertaining.

This could help?
    Attached Images Attached Images

plus those goddamned shoes

the excruciatingly long commercial breaks on coast to coast kill the entertainment value for me