starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: power clean military press ratios

Default power clean military press ratios

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    How high should the power clean be compared to the press? My power clean is 15 pounds more than my press. Is this normal?

Have you thought about starting a log? You could probably get a lot of feedback on stuff like this.

No, you should overhead press 2-times your Bodyweight and PC only your bodyweight. You need to fix this right a way. Fastest way to correct this imbalance is to cut your legs off to drop your bodyweight, so you can press bigger precentage of your bodyweight. This might affect your PC a little, but you'll gain it back now time. And while you are there, you should also consider improving your mental capasity by having a lobotomy.

Quote Originally Posted by snyderman3000 View Post
    Have you thought about starting a log? You could probably get a lot of feedback on stuff like this.
    Like anybody would care about a beginner's log. I'm struggling with my press/bench ratios too anyway, I have to get that sorted. I also think my deadlift is a little low compared to my bench press, about 90 pounds stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by hamworld05 View Post
    Like anybody would care about a beginner's log. I'm struggling with my press/bench ratios too anyway, I have to get that sorted. I also think my deadlift is a little low compared to my bench press, about 90 pounds stronger.
    Yeah. You should definitely start at least two new threads to sort those problems out. You also might want to considering starting a thread concerning the great question of whether you should start a log or not.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by BarbellSissy View Post
    No, you should overhead press 2-times your Bodyweight and PC only your bodyweight. You need to fix this right a way. Fastest way to correct this imbalance is to cut your legs off to drop your bodyweight, so you can press bigger precentage of your bodyweight. This might affect your PC a little, but you'll gain it back now time. And while you are there, you should also consider improving your mental capasity by having a lobotomy.
    Practicing your smack talk? Not bad but I have a pro tip for you: when deriding the mental capacity of others you might want to use a spell checker.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoWayno View Post
    Practicing your smack talk? Not bad but I have a pro tip for you: when deriding the mental capacity of others you might want to use a spell checker.
    Oh, pardon my French. I'm afraid that English is my third language and I've had some whiskey tonight. Could you point the mistakes I made, so I can avoid them in the future?

Yeah. You should definitely start at least two new threads to sort those problems out. You also might want to considering starting a thread concerning the great question of whether you should start a log or not.
    Nah, I know what to do about the other issues. I just gotta keep working on my deadlift and stop making 10 lb jumps on the bench press.

starting strength coach development program
    Oh, pardon my French. I'm afraid that English is my third language and I've had some whiskey tonight. Could you point the mistakes I made, so I can avoid them in the future?
    No problem. Take a swig of whiskey for me while you are at it.
    The worst problem was "mental capasity". That one kind of smacks you right in the face since it creates its own cognitive dissonance (or would it be consonance ?).

Don't worry, English is my first language and I'm using a spell checker.
    Last edited by ColoWayno; 09-16-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast