starting strength gym

Thread: Please critique my form for the squat, bench, row and ohp? (Videos posted)

Thumbs up Please critique my squat form (video posted)

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    For now I am just perfecting my form on all exercises, to prevent future problems when the weights become heavy.

Today, I just tested my 5 rep max for the the squat by progressively adding weight to the bar each set. I did this to analyze my form and monitor it breaking down as I add weight to the bar, thus bringing out any weaknesses.

Please do not hold back any criticism, I have analyzed the movement myself, and have listed my concerns for my form. If you could please advise me on how to fix these concerns I would be very thankful and please also weigh in any of your own criticism.

My weakest exercise is the squat.

Here is the video (it begins with the empty bar and I add 20-30lbs each set)

Squat:

• My hips are rising faster than my upper body, causing me to lean forward during the upward motion

• Also Having trouble keeping my chest-up

• I noticed a slight but-wink at the end of the downward motion

• My last set was horrible, I could only do 2 reps and my knees caved in. I am not going to go this heavy again until my form is perfect. They are kind of hurting post workout now, did I damage or injure something?

Thanks for any advice
    Last edited by pg009; 06-15-2013 at 01:00 PM.

bump...