starting strength gym

Thread: Dead lift Form Check

Default Dead lift Form Check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I wanted to start by saying thanks for this great resource - the SS forum has lead me to the SS: BBT book, which is far better than any other training resource I've found.

I wanted to ask for a form check on my dead lift please. This is 3 reps at 100kg It feels nice a strong as I am doing it, but watching the video I can see the bar drags back towards me as I start the lift. I have my feet jammed as far forward as they go, should I be trying to keep my shins more vertical and my hips further back?

I'm focusing on keeping the lower back arched and abs tight as I lift, but it doesn't look like it in the video....should I be trying to arch harder?

thanks in advance., Also, apologies for the great grey ass, but I'm doing my best to reduce that too!

http://vimeo.com/69233738

Your self diagnoses seem about right. Since you have the book (3rd ed.?), re-read pages 103-111, paying special attention to Step 4, as well as pgs. 109-110. The biggest problem is Fig. 4-15 on pg. 110. Also note Fig. 4-37 on pg. 132.

Thanks Nick - the mechanics related to fig 4-37 cleared this up perfectly. Will focus on chest and back arch as well and see how I go next time