starting strength gym

Thread: Maryland: Elkridge Athletic Club training partner

Default Maryland: Elkridge Athletic Club training partner

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hey everyone. I'm looking for a training partner/gym buddy in Maryland, specifically at Elkridge Athletic Club in Howard County. Ideally I'm looking for early afternoon on Monday, Wednesday, Friday; but, my schedule can be pretty flexible.

I'm 30, 5'10", 245lbs, male, out of shape, lifted casually in highschool, now looking to dtfp and go from there.

After I looked it up, it turns out it's only a few miles from where I live in Elkridge. But my wife and I go to Fivex3 in Baltimore to train two days a week. Don't know if that's another option for you.

I didn't know about Fivex3, thanks for telling me about it. I plan to stay at EAC and I can't really afford to do both right now, but I think I'd like to book an appointment to get coached on my lifts at Fivex3.

You're welcome. Fivex3 has 4 SSCs (Emily, Diego, Jay, and Christian) and 2 interns, and they definitely take drop ins for form checks. We typically go Tuesday evening and Saturday morning, so if you're ever there, let me know, I'll say hi.

For what it's worth I'll echo the Fivex3 recommendation. I'm about 90minutes-2 hours away depending on 95, but I drive down to Fivex3 every couple of months to get form checkups and they've always been great. Also there's a BBQ place next door that is good for post lifting protein.

starting strength coach development program
    That all sounds solid, thanks for the recommendations you two. I'll definitely swing by for a form check-up or maybe hire them for one of the workshops they do there. When I do, I'll see if I can make it a Saturday morning haha