starting strength gym

Thread: EFS Article

Default EFS Article

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    New article on EFS, thought it was pretty good.

http://articles.elitefts.com/article...rain%e2%80%9d/

Thumbs up

"If you're not scared before training, you're not training hard enough."

My personal motto.

Good article, but I think it is stupid to put jumping rope as a priority on the list. I agree it can be a great workout, but to say you aren't training just because the lack of a jump rope session is retarded. I suppose I'm just fucking off then.

Some good and bad stuff in there. Im not jumping rope and running hill sprints right now, though I do think they will be in my future when I am done my weight gain stage. No drinking?? Yeah, right.

Quote Originally Posted by kittenSmash View Post
    Good article, but I think it is stupid to put jumping rope as a priority on the list. I agree it can be a great workout, but to say you aren't training just because the lack of a jump rope session is retarded. I suppose I'm just fucking off then.
    I agree, I don't do half of the list.

Yeah, I disgregarded some of the points, but felt there were some good basics that are nice to see. Also, it is probably somewhat out of context on its own as he primarily trains fighters.

Yeah, Paul, you are right, there are definitely some good points.

Quote Originally Posted by kittenSmash View Post
    I'm with Hoss here...some of the stuff on here isn't entirely applicable. What is the trainees goals, what is he trying to accomplish? How would doing complex's and hill sprints help me add another 50lbs to my bench, squat and dl? I defintely agree that hill sprints, jumping rope, etc would get someone in great shape, but I think it only makes sense if that persons goal is to get "in shape".

I like this article. It looks like a fun way to demonstrate all the strength youve gained training inside...outside.

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/be...r_workouts.htm

Lots of good guidelines but coming off as a fascist about your "superior training methodology" is kind of, well, a lousy way to be a prick. People who don't jump rope(myself included) ought to just drown themselves in the toilet and die because they are stupid stupidheads. I suppose training for "combat" makes one a little edgy.....

And why stop at "scarred" before training? Why not "shitting myself and whaling in fear uncontrollably"? That's more hardcore.....

We're talking about lifting weights here .....It makes me wonder what frame of reference we're going off of.....Hopefully Chaos and pain never meet this guy because an epic double ARGHHHH! will occur threatening life on this planet as we know it with hardcoreness and afflictedness.....Z

EFS is awesome. That is all.

starting strength coach development program
    haha afflictedness