starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prowler Recommendation

Default Prowler Recommendation

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hey Rip, which prowler would you recommend for home use? I'd most likely be pushing it on my concrete driveway and neighborhood street. I think these two are similar to the ones you talked about in the prowler video:

rogue-butcher

Drive Sled II

Thanks!

I have both at the gym. We use the yellow one inside since it is the right width for our building configuration, and the more traditional version is used on the street outside. It looks like the Rogue unit has plastic skid surfaces, so there will be a lifespan to consider if you plan to use it a lot.

Are there any advantages to owning the original prowler over knock-offs or different versions that you know of?

Just the moral argument. But the inventor let that horse out of the barn a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It looks like the Rogue unit has plastic skid surfaces, so there will be a lifespan to consider if you plan to use it a lot.
    The standard Rogue prowler skis are metal. The plastic ones are available for those that are concerned about running the metal skis on certain types of flooring.

Thanks for the replies!

Any opinions on this one?

rogue dog sled

The push poles on the sled seem to be closer than the ones on the prowler. Does that make much of a difference?

Just get a sled. You'll be fine.

Default dog sled

Quote Originally Posted by japatterson79 View Post
    Thanks for the replies!

Any opinions on this one?

rogue dog sled

The push poles on the sled seem to be closer than the ones on the prowler. Does that make much of a difference?
    I own the dog sled. It's currently being used with a drag strap over the shoulders because it does not work well being pushed where we currently want to use it (grass in back yard). The leading edge of the rails make a pretty harsh angle and "dig in".

I look forward to getting it out on the street with the plastic skids where I bet they'll work much better and we can use the poles. The Prowler may have a more gentle angle on the front edge of the "front" foot. If it's rounded, that's preferrable in my mind. Having said all that, I believe most folks use them on asphalt or concrete which would make the differences less noticable.

I don't know the width of the prowler poles but they're 20 inches on a sled and the poles can go on either end (you don't have to turn the sled around to go the other way). I do not find the width objectionable.

You can always make your own. My husband made this one for me a few years back.

image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

starting strength coach development program
    That's cool! Thanks for the suggestion! I've got 2 small kids that are getting in the way of any my DIY aspirations right now so I better go ahead and spend the money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast