starting strength gym

Thread: Starting Strength Certification and Coaching in Retirement

Default Starting Strength Certification and Coaching in Retirement

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Greetings Coach Rippetoe,

I am a 65 year old high school teacher and cross country coach who is planning to retire in two years. I have recently started the SS program and am very impressed with every aspect of the platform. Since my better half won't let me "retire" when I leave the school system, I am looking for some other activity to keep me going, generate some supplemental income and especially help other people improve their lives mentally and physically.

I was wondering if it is even feasible and practical to consider getting certified as a SS coach in my late 60's. I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Best Regards

Chad Brosius

Why would your age be a barrier to the SSC? You have bigger problems:

The Path to the Starting Strength Coach Credential | Tom Campitelli

I have a client who is going to coach at my gym when she retires from her practice as a doctor she is 67. She went to the seminar in California a few months ago, got some friends to work with so she can get experience coaching, is reading the books, comes in a couple days to shadow me and ask question as I coach, and I give her feedback on what I see when she coaches. After about a year, or 18 months of this she will go to the seminar again to test. This or somthing very similar is the process I would recommend if your goal is to be a SSC. Do not let your age even enter your mind as Rip said you have bigger problems.