starting strength gym

Thread: Black iron gym close to Ann Arbor, MI?

Default Black iron gym close to Ann Arbor, MI?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Google didn't reveal anything obvious. I suspect enough people in Ann Arbor are associated with the university to make a private gym unfeasible, but who knows. I'm going to be there for a couple days, visiting family, and I'd love to be able to not miss a workout.

Thanks,

Joss

If one of your family members is associated with the University, you can purchase a guess pass for $10 per day: http://www.recsports.umich.edu/members/FAQ.html

If you're willing to widen your search to Ypsilanti (which is right next to Ann Arbor), you can find a Powerhouse Gym (and a Bally's, I guess.........).

I found another place that seems to be associated with the University of Michigan that sells day passes: the MFit Fitness Center: http://hr.umich.edu/mhealthy/program...esscenter.html

Here's what they have to say!
    Quote Originally Posted by MFit Fitness Center
    MFit Fitness Center in Ann Arbor is a medically-based fitness center. Our highly-trained staff and non-judgmental atmosphere make this a safe and welcoming place for people of all ages, abilities and sizes to work out.
    Ugh. Sounds like the anti-black iron gym (white iron?).

Sorry, I wish I could be more helpful.............I lived in Ann Arbor for several years as a student, but even if I hadn't been a physically lazy sack of shit back then, I would've just used the U of M athletic center. (Still kicking myself for that...........I just imagine what four years of heavy lifting in conjunction with the high calorie diet my younger self was already eating would've done for me............)

That's helpful, thank you!