starting strength gym

Thread: Purchasing plates online

Default Purchasing plates online

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I was going to pick up a couple more 10, 5, and 25 lb plates from Rogue.

When looking at the review for the cheap plates, somebody said, "there are better quality plates out there for less."

So, where's your favorite place to order plates?

I didn't think the Rogue plates were too bad quality wise (I have some). Are there places with similar or better quality that actually come out cheaper with shipping in the continental U.S.?

Rogue's shopping cart is nice since you can calculate shipping before entering all of your info. I'm having a harder time comparing prices on other sites, or determining if those sites will have good customer service.

Gtechfitness has some of the best prices on plates.

I've also heard that weightlifters warehouse will price match just about anywhere with a call, but don't quote me on that.

Craigslist

Thanks for the suggestion hatmanii. Checking them out now.

I should have said I was looking for somewhere other than Craigslist. Thanks anyway keeptryn.

Have you been to your local Sports Authority or other large sporting goods store ? SA around here sell loose olympic plates... some of them even have handles. They're not exactly high end, but not bad either and when they're on sale i think they go for less than $1/lb (but don't quote me on that).

Dick's Sporting Goods now have all of their weights for sale at 88 cents/lb.. I prefer Craigslist but to each their own. Good luck.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for the replies. I'll probably just have to go to the sports store. It's out of my way to make a trip there, but it might be worth it. I'll probably call first to get some prices.