starting strength gym

Thread: How long to keep drinking gomad

Default How long to keep drinking gomad

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hi

Currently I am doing your SS program and seeing good gains on it drinking the milk aswell. I have gone from about 11.5st to 12.5st in the month I have been doing it.

My bodyfat has gone up from about 13-14% to 21% I consider this alot, is this amount of fat gain normal?

My lifts aren't strong yet only just got my 3x5 B/w squat so is it more likely that aslong as I keep drinking the milk and my weights go up that the fat gain will be less as I start to lift heavier?

Also how long is it advisable to drink a gomad? Or is this an indefinate thing based on results I want to see?

The last thing I want to know is how to keep the gains once I come off the gomad, I don't want to drink a gallon of milk a day for the rest of my life and confused as to how to support the new b/w once I come off the milk?

How tall are you?

5' 10

At 5' 10" and 175, you are not a huge fat guy. But with a 175 x 5 squat you're not very strong either. You have a long way to go, and whatever it takes to get your squat up over 300 x 5 should be done. How do you know you're 21% bodyfat, and that it has increased exactly 6%?

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Hi

Currently I am doing your SS program and seeing good gains on it drinking the milk aswell. I have gone from about 11.5st to 12.5st in the month I have been doing it.

My bodyfat has gone up from about 13-14% to 21% I consider this alot, is this amount of fat gain normal?
    11.5 Stone = 161 lbs
    12.5 Stone = 175 lbs
    161 * 14/100 = 22.54 leaving LBM of 138.46 lbs
    175 * 21/100 = 36.75 leaving LBM of 138.25 lbs

So you lost 0.21 lbs of muscle and gained 14.21 lbs of fat.

What the fuck?

I have this hand device thing that you hold and it is supposed to measure your bodyfat after you put some information into it. it might not be completley accurate but I can tell I have gotten fatter from the mirror.

But aslong as it's normal I am not bothered about putting on the excess fat it just seemed to happen rather suddenly is all.

starting strength coach development program
    There you go. Throw the Piece Of Shit away and go train.