starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Check

Default Squat Check

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I'm trying to work on keeping a more vertical bar path here. The camera lens, plumb line, and mid-foot are all in a straight line. I was struggling with 365 on intensity day because I think I was getting the bar over my toes. Here is 275, really focusing on staying back with a vertical bar path. If this looks good, I will likely run linear progression from here. I apologize for all the screwing around unracking the bar. I have a mole on my shoulder that sometimes doesn't like to cooperate when getting the bar right below my scapulas. Thanks

Squat 275 1 31 16 - YouTube

Those look fine, although I would like to see you keep your chin down a little more on the way up. The real question is, why, after running in to difficulties at 365 on an intermediate program, are you taking 90 pounds off the bar and doing another linear progression?

Thanks for taking a look.

Yeah, in hindsight, that is not a very good idea. I ran out this first cycle of TM with singles and failed my third single at 365. I know my bar path was all over the place, weight on toes, squat-morning the weight, etc. I think the accumulated fatigue and poor technique made me think drastic measures were in order. PP is clear about what to do after running out the first cycle of TM with proper technique. What it doesn't address is running out the first cycle with shitty technique, then what to do after correcting said shitty technique. Maybe I'd be better off taking this week as a deload, then starting another cycle with 10% off the bar. I'm just afraid my bad habits will creep back in if I just increase the weight that fast.

Thanks again for your input. Much appreciated.