starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MuscleDriver USA Closing

Default MuscleDriver USA Closing

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    You guys hear about this? announced on their facebook page yesterday.

I guess if you live near Ft.Mill, SC - now is the time to stock up.

May take a trip down before the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by DRice311 View Post
    You guys hear about this? announced on their facebook page yesterday.

I guess if you live near Ft.Mill, SC - now is the time to stock up.

May take a trip down before the weekend.
    Whoa.. that's crazy. I'll keep my eye out, hopefully they might have an online sale.

Edit: n/m

Online orders will no longer be accepted. Our entire inventory is on sale at 50% off website prices and will be pickup only at our building in South Carolina. Sales Tax of 7% will be added. Sale will be every day this week ending Saturday at 5pm. Hours of operation are 9am-5pm and everything is first come first serve.
    Last edited by gtl; 03-01-2016 at 08:54 AM.

Yeah, I was discussing this with a couple of the guys yesterday. There have been 3 other players go bust this year already (GPI, Iron Wolfe, and Equipment RAW) and I foresee another one or two going under soonish.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Yeah, I was discussing this with a couple of the guys yesterday. There have been 3 other players go bust this year already (GPI, Iron Wolfe, and Equipment RAW) and I foresee another one or two going under soonish.
    I know you are an equipment junkie - you gonna take a ride up?

Funny thing is - I just bought a bar and bumpers from them last week for my wife. Also picked up a pair of oso collars and chalk while I was there.

The oso collars are bad as hell - might swing by and get some more bumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Do you think it's because of the popularity of Rogue?

My wife is there now. She says everything is out in front of the building. She is going to pick up some colored bumpers

Quote Originally Posted by DRice311 View Post
    My wife is there now. She says everything is out in front of the building. She is going to pick up some colored bumpers
    That's both epic and sad. Not making the trip, but I thought about it pretty hard. I really want some strongman style stuff, not really their forte.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahendra View Post
    Do you think it's because of the popularity of Rogue?
    Partly (market saturation in general). The market has been changing wildly since X-fit. There was this massive demand for equipment with the growth of the market, but the equipment lasts for DECADES. Since the stuff doesn't just wear out in a couple years, there were -too many- vendors since there is such a thing as a used/secondary market. There will simply have to be fewer manufacturers, and right now, the market is deciding who those manufacturers/vendors are.

Management was also an issue. The former CEO had some very public meltdowns/blowouts.

I got the feels for the laid-off workers.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    This makes me wonder about Rogue. Some of the other manufacturers have done a good job of getting into institutional business (like collegiate S&C) and globogym setups. This takes a marketing and distribution channel above and beyond interwebz sales. Has Rogue started to look into this market? I'd hope so.
    Yes - not only did they purchase the Nebula brand from Rae Crowther, they have also hired on the original Nebula designer. They'll be in colleges soon, no doubt.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast