Default Deadlift 275x3 Squat 230x3 form check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Second form check for deadlift
    The first form check I posted is

Here's the squats
    I wanna make sure my form is down on those 2 lifts thanks

The 295x3 is the old form 275x3 is the new form.

On the deadlifts I tried keeping contact with my legs the entire lift and lowering it slowly instead of dropping it I tried using the 5 step deadlift video to get into the right place.

16 m
    5'5
    148 pounds
    Last edited by debigmoist; 07-14-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Deadlifts: turn around and look away from the mirror. Let's see the set up - the bar is going forward at the start so you're either set up wrong or not staying tight enough (probably some of both). Narrow your stance. Why sets of 3? Why straps? Why ars you letting your breath out before the bar is on the ground?

Squats: are you doing a high bar squat on purpose? Need to know that before offering much commentary. Regardless of whether you think you are doing high or low bar you are way too loose, your head moves too much, and your reps are inconsistent from each other.

Ill turn around and do the set up the next time I deadlift. Sets of 3 because that's what the program I'm following tells me to do. Straps because I don't want to mix grip. I didn't know I should not let the air out before the bars on the ground ill work on that.

Squats it's placed were it feels the best. I think I squat low bar but I go kind of deep. I never really learned how to squat I just put the bar on my back squatted as deeply as I could didn't feel pain and added weight.