starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I had arthroscopic surgery to clean up a torn meniscus on 3/1/17. This is the heaviest I've gone since. Thanks for any feedback/helpful cues. I realize my heels come up a bit, especially on the second set, but I'm not sure how to fix it without throwing other things out of whack.

7/25/17 BW 223 350lbx2x3 set 1 - YouTube

7/25/17 BW 223 350lbx2x3 set 2 - YouTube

Not too bad, really. You are just a little loose in the bottom which is probably related to your heels coming up. Work on stopping your knee forward movement a little sooner and keep them there.

It looks like your hands are more on top of the bar than they should be, try to bring them down just a bit so they are more on the opposite side of the bar from your back and not so much above the shoulders. You'll probably want to have your head just a little more up and pull you upper back together more to make this work. It'll make the bottom of the squat feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Illingworth View Post
    Not too bad, really. You are just a little loose in the bottom which is probably related to your heels coming up. Work on stopping your knee forward movement a little sooner and keep them there.

It looks like your hands are more on top of the bar than they should be, try to bring them down just a bit so they are more on the opposite side of the bar from your back and not so much above the shoulders. You'll probably want to have your head just a little more up and pull you upper back together more to make this work. It'll make the bottom of the squat feel better.
    Thanks! I haven't played with my bar position for a long time, so maybe that will do the trick.