starting strength gym

Thread: Goddammit: I really didn't need this.

Default Goddammit: I really didn't need this.

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Chuck Yeager, the first man to break the sound barrier, dead at 97 | Fox News

WE really didn't need this right now. These people are becoming far too scarce. MEN are becoming far too scarce.

A true American WWII fighter pilot. After the war for more than 2 decades he was also the top civilian test pilot in the country.

"You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can't, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don't give up."
    - Chuck Yeager

Amen to that and Rest in Peace Chuck.

One of the heroes of the Greatest Generation who started as a West Virginia farm boy and flew Mustangs during WWII and all manner of other aircraft beyond that.

Like Beowulf, he overcame his adversaries and challenges living on to a venerable old age. His narration of the opening scene of The Right Stuff tells you all you need to know about him:

Breaking the sound barrier was probably the most uneventful if his escapades.

If one wants to know the meaning of "stud," read his autobiography: "Yeager."

Thanks for sharing, Coach.

"I don't look at things as being scary or not. You either do or you don't, and if you live you've done your job."
    ~Brig Gen Chuck Yeager, 1923-2020

“You got any Beaman’s?”

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Manhattan View Post
    Breaking the sound barrier was probably the most uneventful if his escapades.

If one wants to know the meaning of "stud," read his autobiography: "Yeager."

Thanks for sharing, Coach.
    I am not sure who young guys can look up to anymore, he was always one of my heroes.
    Back when men were men.
    Somehow we went from men like Yeager to Pajama Boy.

The last chapter in the book “The. Right Stuff” is called The High Desert. One of the best Yeager stories is that chapter.
    And don’t forget about what he did in WW2. God I am sad.

On the wall in front of my power rack is a large American flag given to us at my father’s funeral, he was a Korean War vet.
    Today I dedicate my squats to Chuck Yeager, a great American and a total badass.