starting strength gym

Thread: Squat - another depth check

Default Squat - another depth check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    How's the form and overall depth on this one. This is my workset 3 of 3. Weight: 215. 5th week on the program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkWkv1QeasI

Stop looking at yourself in the mirror. Your starting off looking at the right place but as soon as you start your descent you look up into the mirror. You also need to get those knees OUT as your descending and keep them there. Your knees are coming straight forward and your not reaching depth as a result.

He came very close on #3 but the others were just a little short. I agree with Jacob's admonition.

Good feedback guys. I watched my videos in slow motion and you are right on both counts. See link below to tonights workout. I think my depth is getting better...but still looking up too much. I'm doing well on the warm ups...but when I get to workset weight...all I can think about is going down & coming back up again. Need to make myself a cue card...that says, "look here dummy..." or something like that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSnIzWrMtzc

Rep #4 had good depth. The rest looked high to me. Also, hard to tell from this angle, but bar might be too high on your back. Have you watched the bar placement video from rip on youtube?

starting strength coach development program
    Newbie here myself. Depth is very close as far as I can tell. That said, the bar is too high. It is resting on top of your shoulders and should be just below that scapular bone. I had the same problem and it was causing a lot of problems for me. I don't see it causing those problems for you so that is good. When I finally figured out the right bar position, it hurt my shoulders a lot. I couldn't really do presses after my squats. After only a week though, It is much better now.

As you noticed as well, your focus is too high. When you get the bar to the right position, with your elbows back to create the shelf, then "drop your dick" and extend your lower back, your eyes will go down. When I get in that position, I really can't look forward or up at all. It forces me to look down.